Re: [Lsb-confcall] Application Battery

"Wichmann, Mats D" wrote:

> Folks, I'm starting to get a little confused about
> which list to post various questions to, we seem
> to have so many lists going on at the same time.
> Maybe somebody could post a "Contributor's Guide
> to Where to Post Your Comments".

Regarding the mail lists.  I agree that it is sometimes confusing.  For the
Application Battery, let's consider it a testing issue and discuss it in
"lsb-test", and expand it to "lsb-confcall" when we need wider input.  Similar
to what is being done here.  :-)

http://www.linuxbase.org/lists.html

> Anyway,
>
> In selecting the sample applications that make up
> our "battery" I think we need to think hard about
> what sorts of coverage we can get.  In my ongoing
> quest to compile things under lsbdev, using the
> LSB headers, I keep running across new issue. That's
> exactly what I want to do - try to have shaken out
> every area at lease a bit - but it teaches me:
>
> - We should try to have a battery which, collectively,
>   link in all the LSB libraries
>
> - We should also try to get as close as we can to
>   touching all of the headers
>
> For example, I finally tried something that included
> the compression header (zlib.h), and as a result I've now
> got a bugreport :-{ filed on those. Until now,
> I'd had no evidence that they were not a problem.
>
> So I think we still need to solicit ideas on what
> the most useful programs would be to include in the
> application battery.

I agree with the goal that you have outlined regarding the Application
Battery's test case coverage; however, in view of the July 1st certification
launch I am mostly concerned about finishing, debugging, and stabalizing what we
have now.

I hereby request for one ore more volunteers to help finish the existing
application battery.  Please contact me directly if you can help with xv, rsync,
or apache.

https://sourceforge.net/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=52085&group_id=1107&group_project_id=3050

For post July 1st certification, we need to expand the Application Battery as
Mats has suggested.  I have created a task for this and I'm looking for
volunteers for this as well.

https://sourceforge.net/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=52345&group_id=1107&group_project_id=11358

> Mats

Thanks,