Re: Struggling to start with PSK31

> I don't run KDE so I have no idea what DCOP is. May I suggest you
> try gMFSK instead of KPSK? It has many more digital modes in one
> program, and I think it will fit well with your simple desktop.

Thanks. I Moved over to gMFSK, and it's working for me. I had enjoyed
the colored waterfall in the KPSK, which has color coding for signal
strength, but it really seems unnessary, and I probably just liked the
aesthetics ;-)

> Group changes don't take effect until your next login. Did you
> logout and back in after adding yourself to the dialout group?

That was it.

> > 3. I'm having trouble understanding the kpsk instructions for
> > "tuning" the sound for my transceiver in relation to my ALSA sound
> > driver (alsamixer).

> I think you are correct about the appropriate level, and no you
> won't see any effect until you can actually key the rig.

Another stupidity on my part: I don't have an interface yet, and so
not really transmitting into the dummy load, and so, of course, no
signal strength.

Thanx from something who is doing more stumbling about than thinking.

Haines Brown KG1GRM