Re: Can dependency to "docbook-utils" be made optional?

Hi Lars,

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 10:40:03PM +0100, Lars Rohwedder wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just wanted to build nbd from the github repo, and as described in the
> README.md it depends on the SGML tools, which are in "docbook-utils" on
> Debian.
>
> So I started to install it and was really surprised about its irritating
> huge dependency list and its size:
[...]
> 641 MB!? Seriously? Just to generate man pages from XML files?
> *sigh*
>
> So my question is: Is it possible to get rid of this dependency or at least
> make the generation of man pages optional?

It kinda is, actually, if you just touch the .sh.in files. I've just
made that a bit more explicit in the autogen.sh script.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.