Decrypting old HP200lx / HP100lx / HPLX palmtop memo files [and package search]

[I am not subscribed to this mailing list.  Is it OK to ask
if you can include me on any replies or must I subscribe?]

I want to decrypt my old HPLX memo [ASCII] files.  I am
pretty sure I remember the short password.

There might have been packages that are designed for
decrypting those files, or that emulate the application.
However, they do not seem to exist on bullseye.  Older
releases had more HPLX packages.

I searched the package database. but all I found is lx-gdb,
which is not useful for this case.  The site I used does not
seem to go before buster.  Also, I am not sure how to use
old packages, but I figured this is a good place to start.

===

As for other ideas, I searched for old DOS tools but did not
find anything that seemed relevant that I could download.
They might still exist, but they might be proprietary or
closed source.  I don't know how to use them on Linux.

The database application (GDB) encryption algorithm was
different from the memo application.

I think the memo files are plain unformatted DOS ASCII,
encrypted using 1990s tech.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy: https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com