Re: libbusiness-us-usps-webtools-perl and USPS Ground Advantage shipping

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 10:16 AM Charles Curley
<charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 23:15:13 -0500
> Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I need to generate some shipping labels for drop-off at the USPS post
> > office using USPS Ground Advantage.
> >
> > I have a USB thermal printer for the shipping labels,
> > <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V28J3JS>.
> >
> > I see Debian carries libbusiness-us-usps-webtools-perl. I visited the
> > module's GitHub at
> > <https://github.com/ssimms/business-us-usps-webtools>, but the
> > examples are on the lite side. I don't see a workflow similar to
> > creating and printing a shipping label.
> >
> > My question is, can I use the module to create and print a shipping
> > label for a USPS Ground Advantage package?
>
> charles@jhegaala:~$ apt-cache show libbusiness-us-usps-webtools-perl
> Package: libbusiness-us-usps-webtools-perl
> Version: 1.125-2
> [...]
>
> So I would start at the web site for the Web Tools.
> http://www.usps.com/webtools/
>
> On a brief scan of that site, I think the answer is yes, but you have
> some software development ahead of you.

Yeah, I was thinking the perl package is not very useful. I don't need
a perl wrapper to make a web service call. I need the other value
added stuff, like printing a label once I receive a successful
response.

Thanks.

Jeff