Re: Copy from Firefox and paste into Terminal with Vim

On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 06:15:39AM -0500, Dan Ritter wrote:
> https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/learning-the-vi/9780596529833/ch04s03.html
>
> The "+ and "* buffers will get filled with primary and clipboard
> selections when they occur, or you can fill them yourself so
> that other applications can read from them.

That page does not contain a + or * character at all, and while it
does describe buffers, it does not describe buffers whose names are
anything other than lowercase letters.  In fact, it explicitly says
there are only 26 of them (a-z).

Furthermore, in my own testing just now, I'm unable to get this to
work.  vim (version 2:9.0.1378-2) running in urxvt, command mode,
pressing "+ or "* generates a terminal bell.  Pressing p after
either one of these pastes what's in vim's unnamed default buffer.