Re: install Kernel and GRUB in chroot.

On Sat, 3 Feb 2024, Max Nikulin wrote:

It seems secure boot is disabled in your case, so I am wondering why you do not boot xen.efi directly.

Because the NVRAM is extremely tempremental. Most updates fail, or
worse, corrupt it to the point it's hard to get anything to boot.

Additionally, there was a bug in an older version of xen that caused a
kernel oops if wifi networking was started. So I wanted to start vanilla
debian and I don't dare touch the NVRAM again (or the bios) until I
absolutely have to.

I don't remember for certain now but I might be booting using
bootx86.efi (which is a copy of grubx64.efi)

It's an old laptop but it still works well for me.