Re: Wine in bullseye, which way to go?

On 2/2/24 9:10 PM, Greg Wooledge wrote:

I am not sure what do you mean by "install that architecture". I have
been using i386 versions of Debian, and I do not plan to reinstall it
now just because the CPU may allow that.

At some point, you will have to make a decision.  i386 is going to stop
being supported sooner or later.

Yeah, I know that. Until then I will try to get the most out of this i386 installation as-is.

In any case, I managed to get rid of some 250+ amd64 packages that came with pretty useless wine (5.0.3-3) installation from the bullseye repo. After deinstalling wine & related software (in Synaptic), I ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, and apt autoremove. It freed cca 1GB.

After reboot, all was clean, so I decided to go with wine via WineHQ. I followed their published procedure for bullseye installation, and after a while it ended up with wine version 9, which for now seems functional.

Will update the list in days to come ...

Misko