Re: Change suspend type from kde menu

Il 12/01/2024 21:15, Franco Martelli ha scritto:

 > Tried, it works on DVB play.
 >
> dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.mpris.kaffeine /Player org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Stop

As Max replied to that post saying that you could avoid to kill Kaffeine  now you can try to:

- stop Kaffeine
- rmmod the module (what happens if you force unloading: -f option)
- suspend
- resume
- modprobe the module
- play Kaffeine

but I bet you've already realized that :)

Yes, it's what I'm going to try :-)
Force module unloading cannot work, it requires a specific option in kernel config that I've never enabled.

You can also try to not remove the module and check if stop Kaffeine, suspend/resume, play Kaffeine is enough.

The module does not support suspend / resume at all.
If you boot the system, *don't* open kaffeine or anything, suspend and resume, module is already in an unworkable state.