Re: tzdata-legacy [was: Re: systemd and timezone]

On 1/6/24 04:15, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* On 2024 06 Jan 01:00 -0600, Max Nikulin wrote:
US/Eastern & Co has been moved to tzdata-legacy as well. Currently used
identifiers are based on cities: America/New_York.

Ugghhh!

I guess I'll be going to the legacy package then until
$WHOEVER_IS_IN_CHARGE issues a decree that it too shall be eliminated.
I really don't get the fascination with some city hundreds of miles
distant defining the time zone.  Why Chicago for US/Central?  There are
any number of cities in US/Central that could be referenced, but no,
pick the most notorious one--rolls eyes.

I could even accept America/Central without complaint.  Yeah, US is a
directory and Central is a symlink to ../America/Chicago that could be
manually added to a system if need be.

Ambles off shaking fist at a cloud...
You got company on that trail.

- Nate