Re: Alternative to NetworkManager on Debian 12

Am 01.11.2023 um 11:43:32 Uhr schrieb Alessandro Baggi:

> I've read on an old email that many don't use NM for network
> configuration. I'm using it  because I replaced some CentOS
> installation with Debian 12.
>
> What is the default method to configure the network?

Desktop environments use the NM because it is feature-rich, offers
desktop and CLI tools, supports VPN and WiFi and more.

> There is an alternative to NM on Debian 12?

Of course there are, ifupdown, systemd-networkd and manual (ip addr
add) exist.

The questions you have to answer: What do you need?
Is NetworkManager fine?
Then don't change it.