Re: trixie update/upgrade strangeness

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 08:21:23AM -0500, Mark Copper wrote:
> Yes, something like that. I should have mentioned it wasn't just files
> disappearing but also files that had been moved were back in their previous
> location. This "snapshot" appears to have been taken at the time of my
> upgrade from bookworm to trixie.
>
> The whole system is behaving strangely so I had better save the data that
> remains.

So let's work out what has happened, not just nuke it and accept
that everything since the mysterious snapshot has been lost.

Show us the output of

# mount
# cat /etc/fstab
# lsblk

If we don't do this, you won't know how it happened and risk having
it happen again.

You say "Yes, something like that" but does that mean that you KNOW
it is the result of some sort of snapshot (what sort? Do you recall
actually doing it?) or are you simply saying that what I describe
is similar to what you see, but you know not how?

Thanks,
Andy