Re: memtest86

On 9/15/23 13:46, Felix Miata wrote:
gene heskett composed on 2023-09-15 12:24 (UTC-0400):

Mandrake was good, went bust

Its core has survived in the form of Mageia, which just released v9 a few weeks ago.

Hopefully with support for recent hdwe. The last time I tried it, it didn't like my then new AMD Phenom hdwe. That was 2 or 3 motherboards in this tower ago, so I won't bad mouth today's. That Phenom must have been happy running win-98 but was definitely unhappy running linux when kernels were in the mid-2's. IRQ latencies ran in the 3 digits worth of milliseconds range.

Take care & stay well, Felix.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis