memtest86

Here I am again seeking help. I have used memtest86 long ago when I burned it on a CDROM disk.

I see that it's a Debian package, and  I installed it. Now I see memtest86 on my boot choice screen, but selecting memtest86 does nothing.

I assume I probably have to add something to the grub2 menu to use it.

I have searched for how to do that, but all I've been able to find are instructions on how to use it from a bootable USB thumb drive.

My grub/boot foo has disappeared. Any help on using the installed memtest86 is greatly appreciated.

As a fallback, I will go the USB route if I have to, :-(

Cheers!

-Tom