Re: Bookworm VPS image and cron

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 03:02:55PM -0700, Steve Sobol wrote:
> So, there you go... it was a problem with DO's Bookworm image. I'm assuming
> the omission wasn't intentional and if that is, in fact, the case, it will
> get fixed quickly.

It sounds to me like not a bug, since a minimal debootstrap
(debootstrap --variant=minbase bookworm target-dir) of Debian 12
does not include the "cron" package either. It's just a change.
Nothing in the base system needs cron any more.

I'd regard it as more of a bug if cron got installed without
anything that depended upon it.

Cheers,
Andy