Re: Mailing list unsubscription requests and identificatio

On Fri 11 Aug 2023 at 17:39:28 (-0400), gene heskett wrote:
> On 8/11/23 14:25, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 10:59:14AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > The recommended procedure usually works, unless the user is now using a
> > > different browser or has installed a new version of the OS.
> >
> > Sorry, Gene, this is plain wrong. The way it works is this:
> >
> No its not Tomas, everytime ff issues an update, I have to go thru all
> the bs of proving I am me to my bank, and its been that way for at
> least a decade. The fact that I have a nearly 30 character pw it would
> take eons to guess, doesn't mean a thing to them.

If you only have to type your password monthly in order to login,
that suggests your bank has a very lax security model. I presume
you never actively logout when you've finished the day's business.

Many banks nowadays use two factor authentication, and automatically
log you out after a period of inactivity. Furthermore, they often
require reauthentication in order to make any withdrawals.

Cheers,
David.