Re: 11 to 12 - fresh install or upgrade

Hello,

On Sun, Aug 06, 2023 at 05:45:25PM -0400, Juan R.D. Silva wrote:
> It's time to move from bullseye to bookworm. Based on the previous years
> experience I've always preferred a fresh install vs. an upgrade, since the
> freshly installed system always run smoother and was not littered with any
> old junk left from the old system.
>
> However, things might have changed/improved. Thus I decided to ask the
> community.

Debian has to err on the side of caution and leave behind old
things that are thought harmless but are not needed any more, so
nothing has really changed in that regard and if it has bothered you
in the past it will likely bother you again. If you're happy with
reinstalling I recommend you do that.

Personally I tend to reinstall servers but upgrade desktops and I
still have one system that started off as Debian woody, on much
older hardware, but I'm not going to spend any time advocating other
people do the same. Do what works for you.

Cheers,
Andy