Re: debian for DNS servers

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 05:56:00PM +0800, coreyh@free.fr wrote:
> Now I have three debian nodes in different DCs.
> Can I deploy a distributed DNS service for fault tolerance?

I assume you mean to run an authoritative DNS service, that provides
answers to queries against the DNS zones they are responsible for,
as opposed to recursive DNS resolver services. While you COULD put
recursive resolvers on each of these nodes, they should really be
local to their clients.

Assuming each of these hosts has at least one globally routable IP
address and port 53 UDP and TCP traffic is allowed, then there's
likely no reason why you can't install any of several free
authoritative DNS server implementations (even a mix) and have it
work fine.

Do you have more specific questions?

Cheers,
Andy