Re: Python curses

On Tue, 2023-01-10 at 09:18 -0500, paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:
> Follow-up question, in case you know this too: apparently, when you
> purchase a Kindle book and read it via the Kindle app on your Android
> phone, the document doesn't exist on the phone itself. I've
> plugged my phone into my PC and examined every directory under Android
> and the SIM card, and I can't find a trace of the Kindle book I
> purchased.

Because you didn't purchase it. You paid for the right to read it
whenever you want, until such time as Amazon decided to shut down the
Kindle service that is. Or it decides you shouldn't have been sold it
and deletes it. [1] That's how digital 'purchases' work.

> I've installed Calibre, but without having the Kindle file in hand, I
> can't convert it. So... any idea how to actually pry the Kindle file
> out of Amazon's greedy hands, so I can point Calibre at it?

I doubt that's possible because I assume these things are protected
with DRM to stop people from copying them, or escaping the clutches of
Big Corp who want to monitor what you do in order to sell you more
stuff.

[1] https://www.theregister.com/2009/07/18/amazon_removes_1984_from_kindle/

--
Tixy