Python curses

Folks:

I'm trying to write some code in Python's curses module. I've run into
common curses items like A_NORMAL which don't exist. When I do a
print(curses.version), it shows "b 2.2". This tells me that the Debian
(testing) version of python curses is version 2.2. The documentation
for python curses at docs.python.org mentions versions up to 3.10.

Is it really possible that the latest version of Python in Debian
testing is linked to (or however it works) the 2.2 version of Python
curses?

If someone has insights here, I'd be grateful.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com