Re: debian sid no boot after this morning's update

On 1/5/23 14:45, Charles Curley wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 09:12:58 -0500
Frank <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

    Yes, the file exists and is owned by lightdm. I don't know whether
this is
correct as I can't find any info on who should own it.

It would be more useful to those trying to help you if you showed the
actual results rather than telling us what you find significant.

   Agreed in retrospect

Like
so:

root@hawk:~# ls -ld /var/lib/lightdm
drwxr-x--- 6 lightdm lightdm 4096 Oct 29  2021 /var/lib/lightdm
root@hawk:~# ls -la /var/lib/lightdm
total 28
drwxr-x---  6 lightdm lightdm 4096 Oct 29  2021 .
drwxr-xr-x 70 root    root    4096 Sep 30 16:10 ..
drwxr-xr-x  7 lightdm lightdm 4096 Oct 29  2021 .cache
drwx------  5 lightdm lightdm 4096 Mar  5  2022 .config
drwxr-xr-x  4 root    root    4096 Dec 19 11:54 data
drwxr-xr-x  3 lightdm lightdm 4096 Oct 29  2021 .local
-rw-------  1 lightdm lightdm  686 Jan  5 11:35 .Xauthority
root@hawk:~#

Note that I include the trailing prompt to show that the command ended
rather than that the result was truncated.

This is from a working system which I have rebooted since most of those
dates. You may find it useful to check against your directory.

I did indeed. In checking what I had there were a couple of differences which hadn't seemed to make much difference. But I have fixed those now.

I appreciate your help.

--
Frank McCormick