debian sid no boot after this morning's update

Just went back to my Debian Sid installation this evening to discover
it won't boot.
There were 88 updates this morning so I suspect my problem is
related to that.

Has anyone else run into this? How would I go about diagnosing
what's wrong? I tried booting in emergency mode but don't know
what to look for.

The emergency prompt suggested journalctl -xb so that's what
I did but I didn't see anything obviously wrong.

Right now I am at my wits end. Good thing I have a working
Fedora partition.

Help!