Re: How to Boot Linux ISO Images Directly From Your Hard Drive Debian

Hi,

On 2021-08-07 9:31 a.m., Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 2021 at 11:56:52AM +0100, Brian wrote:
>> On Fri 06 Aug 2021 at 19:11:48 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> It's only required that people believe you did something for them to act
>>> like you did it.
>>
>> Indeed. Disseminate an unsubstantiated rumour (as in this thread) and
>> it's not long before the lynch mob hits the streets.
>
> I would never have blocked "Gunnar" based on an accusation that he
> was trolling.
>
> I blocked him after he confessed that he was trolling.

I think that the line that was crossed simply mandate that he gets
ignored by now.
I did so with the last message he sent me yesterday (and posted on the
list). Was a bunch of hard to follow series of sentence. But this
confirm that it seems to be a choice done on having incomprehensible
messages and loose talk, because he did write some clear and well
written message.

I feel that many person cherry pick one message, like the one I wrote
and got out of context, talking about a Lynch mob.

Often when someone ask for help, we'll answer back that there's
information missing so we can answer properly.
Example, the person say
*I can't start X11*
And we'll ask
What version of Debian are you running ?
What are the outputs ? Logs ?
What's your graphic card / GPU ?
etc...

Why do we do so ?
So our answer is relevant.

Same rules apply when giving comment, if you want to have it relevant
then look at the whole story.
Or you'll only get a part and go off track.
And it's exactly what happened here.
We got someone who add a sentence relating to a lynch mob. Where it
wasn't the case in no way. And those are the same person that are unable
to justify what they say, but wanna benefit from free speech to add a point.

*Dider*: There's some similarities between this dude and two others troller.
*Dude*: You have no proof it's me
*Dude*: You have no proof it's me... I post someone's Passport ID page.
*Me*: Posting a passport id page is a criminal offense in most countries
AND doesn't proof much, except maybe that you'd be dumb to post your own.
*Greg* says : That's a for of guilt admission, not saying "I didn't do
it" but saying "No proof".
*Me* : Exactly, it's not a court of law here. So it's not about proof
but about what will people get from what you say.
*and now the best*
*Irrelevant writer* : This is a acting mob looking for a lynch.

I'd start to also call this some strange form of trolling.
--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside