Re: Reproducible bug

On 2017-11-12, Laurent Lyaudet <laurent.lyaudet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Well, find behavior and hidden files was not the intended topic of this
> thread ;)
> I do already know about Ctrl+H, ls -a, etc.
> And indeed my find command is incorrect since I forgot the dot or some
> wildcard at the beginning.
> After correction, I can say there is no .xsession-errors file on my system.
> The only matches were
> /usr/share/xsessions
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/40x11-common_xsessionrc

I'm reading that there is now a log here (if you use GDM, it seems):

 ~/.cache/gdm/session.log

There's also the new-fangled journalctl interrogative method (I'm still
Wheezy--and whoozy--I'm uncertain how they work):

 journalctl -u session-${XDG_SESSION_ID}.scope

and I'm also reading gnome-shell will log errors "there" (but I cannot
test any systemd hypotheses).

--
"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."
— Charles Bukowski