Re: Adding user to dual boot laptop

On 2012-10-11, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 11:32 AM, Curt wrote:
>> On 2012-10-10, Gary Roach<gary719_list1@verizon.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> 3. Permissions, owners and structure for files passwd, shadow and group
>>> are exactly the same as my entries.
>>>

>> How about user home directory and other user file permissions (which
>> shouldn't belong to root)?
>>

> That has been checked out and is all OK. The alt F2 to kdesu did allow

Have you told us the tool with which you created the new user?  It's not
clear to me the canonical way of doing it, actually, googling around.
But appears to be (as root):

adduser wife

After which you must add the new user to the appropriate groups (or is
that done automatically)?

What procedure did you use, out of curiosity?