Re: Changing font size for xterm

*- On  5 Jan, David Wright wrote about "Re: Changing font size for xterm"
> Quoting Brian Servis (servis@purdue.edu):
>> *- On  4 Jan, Brian Fuller wrote about "Changing font size for xterm"
>> > What is the best way to change the font size for xterm, emacs etc?
>>
>> On the command line:
>>
>> xterm -fn <font>
>> emacs -fn <font>
>>
>> Dynamically:
>>
>> xterm:  Ctrl+Btn3
>> (I use xemacs so don't know how emacs works on this)
>>
>> Resources:
>>
>> XTerm*font:	<font>
>> (I use xemacs so don't know how emacs works on this)
>
> I prefer to use (in my .Xresources)
>
> ! Make the default font bigger
> XTerm*VT100*Font:               9x15
> ! and make the last two sizes much bigger
> XTerm*VT100*Font5:              10x20
> XTerm*VT100*Font6:              12x24
>
> as you can then use the VT Fonts menu to switch sizes.
>
> I seem to remember struggling for a while to find the resource
> names that worked, i.e. the * / VT100 / letter case.

If you haven't yet, take a look in /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm.  In
that file are most of the default Xresources for XTerm.  If you want to
change them copy the individual resources you want to change into your
Xresources file(or the global) and prepend to them the XTerm class name.
Don't copy the whole file.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.