Re: Why use Enlightenment?

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 07:21:28AM -0600, David J. Kanter wrote:
> Am I the only one who finds Enlightenment bloated, too busy and too hard to
> read? I'm willing to listen to those who use it; but after trying it out
> last night, I'm not too willing to switch from my speedy and trusty fvwm2 or
> window maker.

You're far from the only one.  I, for one, went back and forth between
Enlightenment and WindowMaker for a while.  I'll admit, I liked
Enlightenment's look (and themes), but I definately prefered WM's speed.  This
week, I've started using Sawmill and I love it.  All the eye candy that I
want, and it runs quite fast.  IMO, it and Gnome make a good combination.

--
David Raynes <rayners@usa.net>     Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
Coach, Programmer, Screwball       You're never too old to be immature.

    "Forget world peace, visualize using your turn signal." - Bumper Sticker