Re: [Matthias Faulstich] Re: Installation /Configuration Problem with tetex

Am Freitag, 4. November 2005 15:24 schrieb Frank Küster :
> Matthias Faulstich <faulstich@elon07.fh-swf.de> wrote:
> >> I'm not really involved here, but I guess Frank meant rather:
>
> Thanks, Hilmar.
>
> >> fmtutil-sys-debug --byhyphen latex > fmtutil-sys.log 2>&1
> >
> > Thanks Hilmar!
> >
> > Attached is the output file for
> >  fmtutil-sys-debug --byhyphen latex > fmtutil-sys.log 2>&1
>
> It seems you didn't run this as root?  For debugging, you must run it in
> exactly the same way as you would run apt-get upgrade or similar:  It
> might make a difference whether you use sudo, or su, or "su -".
>
> In case you *did* run this as root, your system is severely broken:
>
> + abort 'format directory `/var/lib/texmf/web2c'\'' is not writable'
> + echo 'fmtutil: format directory `/var/lib/texmf/web2c'\'' is not
> writable.' fmtutil: format directory `/var/lib/texmf/web2c' is not
> writable.
> + false
>
> root should always have rights to write to /var/lib/texmf/web2c.
>
> Regards, Frank

Ok - I didn't run it as root.
So here is the "root" version

Regards
Matthias
+ test -f /bin/ksh
+ unset RUNNING_KSH
+ test -f /bin/bsh
+ unset RUNNING_BSH
+ test -n ''
+ : fmtutil
+ argv0=fmtutil
+ version=1105809354
+ cnf=fmtutil.cnf
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 -eq 0 ']'
+ '[' --byhyphen = --root-home ']'
+ '[' '!' fmtutil = fmtutil-sys ']'
+ echo

+ echo 'Warning: fmtutil is being run as root; fmtutil-sys should probably be'
Warning: fmtutil is being run as root; fmtutil-sys should probably be
+ echo 'used instead.  If this is done by a Debian package upon installation,'
used instead.  If this is done by a Debian package upon installation,
+ echo 'upgrade, or removal, please file a bug against that package.'
upgrade, or removal, please file a bug against that package.
+ echo

+ export SHOW_UID_WARNING=true
+ SHOW_UID_WARNING=true
+ exec fmtutil-sys --byhyphen latex
fmtutil-sys: no format depends on `/home/matthias/tmp/latex'.