Re: [Matthias Faulstich] Re: Installation /Configuration Problem with tetex

Matthias Faulstich <faulstich@elon07.fh-swf.de> wrote:

>> I'm not really involved here, but I guess Frank meant rather:

Thanks, Hilmar.

>> fmtutil-sys-debug --byhyphen latex > fmtutil-sys.log 2>&1
>
> Thanks Hilmar!
>
> Attached is the output file for
>  fmtutil-sys-debug --byhyphen latex > fmtutil-sys.log 2>&1

It seems you didn't run this as root?  For debugging, you must run it in
exactly the same way as you would run apt-get upgrade or similar:  It
might make a difference whether you use sudo, or su, or "su -".

In case you *did* run this as root, your system is severely broken:

+ abort 'format directory `/var/lib/texmf/web2c'\'' is not writable'
+ echo 'fmtutil: format directory `/var/lib/texmf/web2c'\'' is not writable.'
fmtutil: format directory `/var/lib/texmf/web2c' is not writable.
+ false

root should always have rights to write to /var/lib/texmf/web2c.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich