Re: a problem

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:07:33PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 09:37:01AM -0500, Mike Renfro wrote:
> > There probably are ways to configure lilo to do the right thing, but
> > every two-disk dual-boot setup I've done has left Windows on the
> > primary master drive. If you can afford to rearrange the drives, I'd
> > do so.
> I've done it the other way. Shouldn't be a problem.

How did you get that to work?  I tried this with my housemate's computer
the other day.  The conclusion that we came to is that Windows wants to
be master on the first IDE chain.  It wouldn't install on what we'd call
hdc with hda plugged in.  The solution was just to make the linux disk
hdc and the Windows one hda... took a little fiddling with the Linux
install which thought it was on hda, but all works now.

Not sure that helps, just my experience.

Cheers,

Alex

--
This email was brought to you by the letter Q and the number 23