a problem

Hello all.  I wonder if someone can help me with this problem I am having.  I am using the test version of debian and it is working great.  I put my sound card drivers in and my video card drivers are excellent.  I need to try out my firewire, but that is another situation.  I am newbie when it comes to installing linux.  Ok, enough of the rambling.  I have two hard discs.  The primary master is linux(4GB) and the primary slave is XP(16GB).  I can get lilo to see my XP disc, but when I select it in lilo, it doesn't boot!  The weird thing is, though, when I tell my BIOS to boot my XP disc first, it boots with no problem!  I need help if anyone can help me.  I have gone through most of the documentation on this matter.  Thanks