Re: BUG: "bookworm" netboot image still references "bullseye" release

Christoph Sarnowski <christoph@sarnowski.de> (2021-08-31):
> - Download https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz
>
> - Extract tar archive
>
> - Run "zcat debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz | grep -c bookworm"
>
> Output: "0"  (i.e. no references to "bookworm" inside the initrd)
>
> - Run "zcat debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz | grep -c bullseye"
>
> Output: "13" (i.e. still a lot of references to "bullseye" inside the
> initrd)
>

> One of the results of those references is that the netboot image searches
> for preseed.cfg files on the tftp server under a directory of "bullseye".
>
> If I provide a preseed file there, the installer reports a "Bad archive
> mirror" ("mirror does not support the specified release (bullseye)"). My
> guess is that the release file is checked for both Suite and Codename, and
> since "bullseye" is not "testing" anymore, it always fails.

We haven't had a debian-installer release for bookworm yet (sorry,
bullseye's been out for 2 full weeks only), so what you're seeing is the
contents of the last release we've had, that was aimed at bullseye.

Good things come to those who wait, yada yada.

Cheers,