BUG: "bookworm" netboot image still references "bullseye" release

Hello Release-Mailinglist,

I stumbled upon this "bug" using di-netboot-assistant and thought that this mailing list might be the best

point of contact, feel free to teach me otherwise if I am mistaken :)

What I tried:

- Download https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz

- Extract tar archive

- Run "zcat debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz | grep -c bookworm"

Output: "0"  (i.e. no references to "bookworm" inside the initrd)

- Run "zcat debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz | grep -c bullseye"

Output: "13" (i.e. still a lot of references to "bullseye" inside the initrd)

One of the results of those references is that the netboot image searches for preseed.cfg files on the tftp server under a directory of "bullseye".

If I provide a preseed file there, the installer reports a "Bad archive mirror" ("mirror does not support the specified release (bullseye)"). My guess is that the release file is checked for both Suite and Codename, and since "bullseye" is not "testing" anymore, it always fails.

Expected Result:

- the bookworm initrd does search for preseed.cfg under "bookworm" and accept debian mirrors as valid.

Kind regards,

Christoph Sarnowski