Re: brief thoughts on org/qa.debian.org

"Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:

Raphael> thought about "offering for adoption" ? If this is the case,

Yes.

Raphael> then why not mark them as orphaned (without changing the
Raphael> maintainer field) so that someone can pick them up but the

That could be done, but I like to keep separate the cases where the
maintainer still cares slightly -- otherwise it would be unclear how
much can be asked of the person in the control file.  This is
something like a "reluctantly maintained" package, for which quality
could be improved by finding another person.

Historically the QA group was merely the Maintainer of Last Resort,
but I'm not sure yet what the expanded role is.

		netgod

"Yes readers, sprintf() and stack buffers in SUID root programs are a
deadly cocktail.  This holiday season use a designated coder, and
remember, sprintf() and SUID root don't mix."
        -- from Solaris 2.6 exploit