Re: brief thoughts on org/qa.debian.org

Le Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 06:30:13AM -0400, Johnie Ingram écrivait:
> Raphael>  Is a package name enough for the Prospectives Packages ?
>
> Yes, the rest can be determined with scripts.

Huh ? I thought about "prospectives packages", ie software that is not yet
packaged for Debian ... I suppose that you thought about "offering for
adoption" ? If this is the case, then why not mark them as orphaned
(without changing the maintainer field) so that someone can pick them
up but the actual maintainer can continue to maintain it (since he still
get bug reports) until someone else take it over.

> Raphael> What do you mean by « existing "O" fields » ? And what do
> Raphael> you want to know ?
>
> Sorry, that was directed at those working closely with WNPP.  (Hi Joy).
> I wanted to know if I can port the existing "orphaned packages" list
> into the QA database without reuploads.

Yes of course :
echo "orphan name_of_orphaned_package" | mail control@qa.debian.org

> Raw traffic to the @control bot, for learning in realtime instead of
> polling a web site.

Should I ask for the creation of such a mailing list ? Once it is created
I can easily add the list in the different aliases ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>