Re: Updating khal to fix RC bug #1023341

Quoting Daniele Tricoli (2022-12-16 20:03:09)
> Hello Jonas,
>
> On 16/12/2022 15:10, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> [CUT]
>
> > I will have a closer look now, then get back to you.
>
> Oh, many thanks! :)
>
> > Ususally when I "look" at a package I routinely update it as well.
>
> I like this approach, it keep all the stuff clean.
>
> > Would you prefer that I roll back whatever changes I do during my
> > "looking at it" and guide you to gain same understanding as me?
> > Because if your interest is simply to get khal updated then
> > simpler for me is do (hopefully) all myself and only tell you without
> > leaving room for you to redo and potentially learn more from that DIY
> > experience.  I am happy to do that slower process - I find it fun to
> > collaborate (am just not very used to it), so please do tell if you are
> > eager to learn. :-)
>
> I would love to learn, but please don't roll back your changes, time is
> our most precious resource. :)
>
> I made a copy of my local clone and I dropped all the new commits you
> made, so I will be able to use the DIY approach. :)
> I must confess that I peeked at the new commits while I was searching
> the commit I had to halt the dropping, so I already know that repacking
> is not needed anymore, but for me the mystery about the release 0.10.4
> remains and I'm eager to learn about it... if you have the time to
> explain. :)

I am happy to elaborate more.

Let me guess: What is still a mystery to you is PKG-INFO file in older
releases?

Seems I only _after_ last release corrected the watch file to fetch from
true source at Github.

If I guessed wrong and it was something else, then please just ask.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones