How do I make mate-panel on Debian Mate look like the one on Linux Mint?

Hi,

I've been using Linux Mint Debian Edition for a few years (with Mate instead of Cinnamon) only and exclusively because of the single panel layout [1], but Debian Mate comes with a two panel layout [2].

[1] https://i.imgur.com/DMjTUp1.jpeg
[2] https://www.server-world.info/en/Debian_11/desktop/img/11.png

My simple and brutal question is: how do you get a single panel layout on stock Debian Mate?

Thanks.

--
Ottavio Caruso