Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

On 2016-05-12 10:14:26, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

>> > I had zero feedback on supporting qemu so I'd propose to drop it. We can
>> > keep libvirt in the current version if we don't update qemu and it seems
>> > to be in use in Wheezy quiet a bit (and dropping it would kill of quiet
>> > some programs due to the dependency chain) so I'd propose to keep it.
>>
>> Regarding qemu, keep in mind it's an integral part of Xen, specifically
>> the HVM bits, if i'm not mistaken.
>
> Not in wheezy, xen only uses the src:qemu starting with jessie.

Well, that's great for jessie, but it does mean that wheezy ships with
an embedded copy of the qemu code, which *has* to be maintained somehow,
or we need to explicitly say we don't...

a.
--
Man really attains the state of complete humanity when he produces,
without being forced by physical need to sell himself as a commodity.