Re: Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS

Hi,

Given the recent bug triaging, security-support-ended.deb7 needs more
updating. I'm taking Mortiz's mail as reference, and I hope I are not
missing other info:

El 11/11/15 a las 21:59, Sebastian Ramacher escribió:
> Hi
>
> On 2015-11-04 17:44:36, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > [ Many people are on copy, please trim the list as appropriate when you reply ]
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > > These need to be discussed, since they will be a significant
> > > time drain (e.g. are they in the sponsors's interests?). They
> > > are supportable, but it will take a lot of work and sometimes
> > > special domain knowledge:
> > >
> > > icedove
> > > iceweasel

Any decision yet?
I could take a look to iceweasel/firefox next week, although I'm not
familiar enough with it.

> > > qemu
> > > qemu-kvm
> > > xen
xen will be supported.
> > > libvirt

qemu and qemu-kvm were triaged as unsupported for CVE-2016-3712, but I
think Guido is studying how to support virtualisation related packages,
and maybe we should wait for his evaluation.

> > > ffmpeg -> libav
waiting for input.

> > > vlc
> > > rails -> several split packages (only the 3.2 packages are supported in wheezy)
>
> The versions of libav and vlc in wheezy are all EOLed upstream. vlc is also
> behind some upstream releases in the 2.0.x series. If anyone intends to keep vlc
> alive for wheezy LTS, I'd recommend to upgrade to latest release there first.

For CVE-2016-3941, vlc has been triaged as unsupported in wheezy, so I
updated security-support-ended.deb7 accordingly in git.

What about rails?

Also, Antoine has filled a bug [1] regarding libmatroska and libebml,
but DLA-420-1 and DLA-438-1 addressed those packages. Antoine, why they
should be tagged as not-supported?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=814557

Cheers,

Santiago