Re: Debian-installation ran into difficulties with old CDRW-drive

    Moin.
    Thank you for answering to me!

Am Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 01:02:28AM +0200, blickte mich Franklin PIAT mit:

> Google can't find "???ipc5025"...

It's the Toshiba IPC 5025 A

> Which identifiers does the ???pcmciautils tools (/sbin/lspcmcia
> or /sbin/pccardctl) list ?

On this machine, I think 3.0 is called woody, the cardctl ident comand
only issues values of the attached scsi-bus, i.e. the pcmcia card, but
not about the attched CDRW drive as far as I understand the messages:

socket0:
product info: "KME", "SCSI-CARD-001","1"
manfid: 0x0032, 0x2604

The status message reads: [ready] [up]

So, I conclude the card is fine. While doing "eject" and "insert" the
selftest of the drive gave notable sound.

mount gives me: "kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as block device"

I don't have a clue which modul the is needed, Matthias