Re: Extending the size of my display

Pedro António Neves wrote:

Hi Thomas:

I read on your message that you're using dual displays on a Toshiba M30.
I'm trying to do the same, and it works fine, except that the LCD screen
is always very dark (like 50% brightness or so). Are you having the same
problem?

Thanks in advance:

Pedro Neves
Hi Pedro,

I have not experienced this problem yet. I saw something similar, running WindowsXP, when I turned the display to "presentation mode¨, so what you see could be a special mode - maybe you want to check your modelines/frequency settings. Does it only appear on X-displays or on console mode, too? In the latter case you could try fnfxd to manually adjust brightness.
If it's X only maybe the nvidia-settings program has some hints.

Cheers,

Tom