Re: exim on laptops: smarthost on demand

The ifupdown-roaming package provides a script that simplifies
the setting of the smarthost for exim.  The script is called
'set-mail-relay'.  Here are the comments at the top of the file

# Usage:
#   set-mail-relay MTA none       # Do not use a mail relay
#   set-mail-relay MTA RELAYHOST  # Make MTA use specified relay host
#   set-mail-relay MTA queue RELAYHOST  # Place on the queue.
#                                 # When the queue is flushed, mail
#                                 # will be relayed to RELAYHOST

You can use this script even if you don't want to use ifscout,
the automatic interface mapper that comes with ifupdown-roaming.
You can get the latest package at:

   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/ifupdown-roaming.html

--
Thomas Hood