Re: Java 8 security patching

Yes, it has been a long time now, but it's taken time for the alternatives to gain traction. I was just trying to understand the current state of play to help work out how and when to move away from openjdk-8.

Thanks again for all your help.

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 at 14:05, Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2023, James Kennard wrote:

>With the changes to Java licensing

What changes? It’s been GPLv2 + Classpath exception for *ages* now.

>, alternative distributions of Java have
>become increasingly popular. They all have their pros and cons,

Perhaps, but we’re still talking about the openjdk-8 package here,
which, you know, ships OpenJDK 8…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!