Re: postfix + dspam + mysql + (imap & pop) for virtual domains and relaying

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 03:41:17PM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:

> I'll just chime in here really quick - I use MySQL because it had native
> replication. The replication solution for postgres felt kind of hackish
> to me when I looked at it, and I felt more comfortable with something
> that didn't look like an afterthought. (With odd warnings/procedures for
> upgrades.) That said, I haven't had a problem with MySQL. I'm sure
> postgres is great and all, but I need to do stuff like hardware load
> balancing across multiple slaves.
>
> Of course this may have changed since I first looked at it, but that's
> why I went down the MySQL path years ago.

Fair enough.  I know that replication has been a missing feature for
Postgres for a while.  Though, I am not sure what progress has been made
in that respect.  As I have not needed it, in any case, I am not sure
how Postgres and MySQL compare on that count.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez