gnome-terminal without the fork?

Greetings,

I have an old script which runs gnome-terminal to ask for user input,
then takes that input and does something with it.  Unfortunately, the
new gnome-terminal seems to fork itself, so the script moves on without
waiting for the gnome-terminal to exit.

How do I change this?  The manpage gives a "-x" switch, but that seems
to be equivalent to -e according to what gnome-terminal tells me when I
try it...

Thanks,

-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg