Re: evolution1.5 install fails.

Carlos Betancourt wrote, Friday, February 27, 2004 11:27 AM

> Thanks everyone for your help.
>
> I assumed that when the mantainer uploaded to experimental he would
> upload the dependencies too. After all, (s)he has had to make debian
> packages of them too, so why not upload them too?

Erm... they do. With a couple of exceptions (well, at least one), all the
dependencies are present in either experimental or unstable. Those that
aren't (e.g. libsoup2.2-2) are entirely new packages and thus have to be
approved by the ftpmaster team before they can be added to the archives.

> Anyways, I just wanted to have an easy and quick taste of the new
> evolution. I tried to apt-get source it, but it doesn't exist. Thus, I
> guess I'll just have to wait - or build it myself.

Personally, I'd wait a few more days and hope that the new packages get
approved. If not, you could always ask the maintainer...

Adam