Re: svgalib libc6 (was: GS alladin 5.02 is out)

In your email to me, Shaya Potter, you wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, joost witteveen wrote:
>

> > [cc-ed to debian-devel. Hope you don't mind].
> >

> > > joost, I was just wondering if you were planning on packaging the new
> > > version of alladin ghostscript.
> >
> > Actually, I'm not.
> >
> > As it's non-free, I don't want to play funny tricks to make it compile
> > for libc5, and as it should use svgalib, I cannot build it for libc6.
>
> What about an X only version?

I'll announce this again, since most missed it the first time:

I have a libc machine set up that is doing nothing. I can make it
available to any current maintainer that has upgraded to glibc
and wants to maintain libc5 packages on a 'pure' machine. Send
me email to tps@buoy.com, and I'll set you up an account and give
you root password. The machine will be wiped and reloaded every month
or so...

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
  "Today is the tomorrow that yesterday you spent money like there was no"