Boot disk images -- the only way?

Why do we still force people to use RAWRITE to create Debian boot
floppies on DOSsy systems (DOS, WIN, '95, NT, OS/2)?  Since these disks
are plain DOS disks (with a syslinux boot sector) we could distribute
.ZIP files containing these disks, or even distribute the files
uncompressed so people could simply copy them to a floppy and run
SYSLINUX.EXE.

This seems to me like it should be done; it could be a major selling
point for Debian...

(Of course, disk images must still be provided for those who can't run
DOS programs.)

--Charles Briscoe-Smith
White pages entry, with PGP key: <URL:http://alethea.ukc.ac.uk/wp?95cpb4>
PGP public keyprint: 74 68 AB 2E 1C 60 22 94  B8 21 2D 01 DE 66 13 E2