Re: Taking over root on legacy AWS account

On 2022-08-23 22:55:27, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 05:37:33PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:

snip

> > My take on the latter would be that one of the delegates if we'd have a chair
> > would be holding MFA to this account and this would be passed along this line to
> > the next one and it should be an obligation of the chair to do it be.
> >
> > I would nominate Ross as the person usually charring our meetings.
> >
> > Any other ideas or suggestions how to do it?
>
> Bastian suggested storing it in the password repo [1].  I like that since it
> supports providing access to multiple people via their gpg keys.  I don't quite
> understand how to use pwstore, but the idea seems simple enough.

From my PoV this is not about passwords but more about MFA which IMO we should
have on the root account and I don't think that password repo will help in this
situation.

Even if we're not going to use it at all and all will be done via individual
accounts we need to take proper measures to secure it and IMO MFA is a basic
measure to take hence my question still stands: how are we going to do it?
--

|_|_|0|                  "Panta rei"                     |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x686930DD58C338B3
3DF1  A4DF  C732  4688  38BC  F121  6869  30DD  58C3  38B3