Re: Taking over root on legacy AWS account

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 05:37:33PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> I have managed to talk to Jeb and he is very receptive for the idea of handing
> over root access to the account.
> We just need to provide him with the group email address which he is going to
> put on the account and he will remove MFA from it.
> Before we'll do it we need to agree who and in what form is going to provide
> MFA to this account so we can keep it 'safe'.

That's great, thanks for catching up with him.

> My take on the latter would be that one of the delegates if we'd have a chair
> would be holding MFA to this account and this would be passed along this line to
> the next one and it should be an obligation of the chair to do it be.
>
> I would nominate Ross as the person usually charring our meetings.
>
> Any other ideas or suggestions how to do it?

Bastian suggested storing it in the password repo [1].  I like that since it
supports providing access to multiple people via their gpg keys.  I don't quite
understand how to use pwstore, but the idea seems simple enough.

Ross

[1] -  https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-admin-team/debian-cloud-admin-password